Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 13: A case of the Mondays

It's Monday and guess what? It's raining; the kind of rain that Vancouver is (in)famous for. Heavy, featureless overcast grey skies and a steady fall, delightfully called "light rain" by Environment Canada. If you didn't know the mountains were there across the water, you'd be hard-pushed to accept tales of jagged peaks and glorious vistas.

But even rainy days end eventually, and while down at Kits Beach I could see the western horizon brightening, and I caught sight of an empty bulk carrier on its way into port. The ship was almost end on to the beach, and I walked along until it was as close to end-on as I could make it before taking a few photos. After such a miserable grey day of rain I was amazed to be able to get a photo with as much colour and detail. I went home happy.

Steaming in to port
Kits Beach, 4 Apr 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment