Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Day 266: One hundred days of winter

I have only one hundred days left in this project, which covers all of winter and a bit more. Of course I would have to pick a time period that includes a leap year, so this is not a "Project 365", but a "Project 366". Ah well. One more photo won't hurt, will it? The title of today's post came to me as I wandered round on a dull, bleak wintry day, and I explored a few options to try and match that feel. Mostly, though, they didn't look bleak enough for me - I imagined something more wind-swept, more forbidding, something dormant. Somehow I had to capture that sense of the winter-to-come, and the hunkering down and working through it. As has happened so many times in this project, I had one photo I thought would do the trick, only to find something else on the way back to my office. What better way to conjure up the feeling of winter.

Ice fragments
UBC, 14 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment