Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 267: Opalescent

The rain is back - December has been remarkably dry so far. This means that the light levels are much lower and it's hard to get sharp detail shots. I took myself on my usual afternoon wander, snapping a few ideas along the way, but nothing was really working until I walked past a low bush. I looked a little closer and noticed it was positively festooned with clusters of small blue berries, each berry at the end of a bright red stalk. The title "Winter blues" came to mind as I pondered taking their picture. As I bent over to take a closer look, a student walked by and commented on the berries and she used the perfect word to describe them: opalescent. That inspired me to work at getting a good (enough) picture of them, and to use that word for today's title.

"Opalescent" blue berries
UBC, 14 Dec 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment